Sunday, January 19, 2020

Teaching at the ASG National Convention

Teaching at the ASG National Convention in Boston last summer was so exciting! I met some amazing people there, and saw so many beautiful things. One of the highlights for me was entering their fashion show. I entered a 3-piece ensemble: my "Cut-up Kimono Jacket" worn over my "Quick & Easy Ladies' Vest", and paired these with my "Paper Bag Skirt". I had some rave reviews, and had such a good time with the other ladies there! One of my classes was the ladies' vest, the girls did an amazing job using pre-cut kits in a nice variety of colors. They really kept me hopping, and I'm afraid I didn't get many pictures of their beautiful vests, I was so busy. The first day there we did nuno-felting on my hand-dyed silk chiffon scarves, and the students did some spectacular work! I did manage to get a nice group shot, everyone was very pleased with their scarves as they should have been, they were gorgeous. Another fun class was our Marbling on Wool, so much creativity shown! And the Wool Bead Earrings class was fantastic, it was like one giant party. All in all we had a great time - and I was even blessed to be gifted with a ticket to a cruise in Boston by one of my students! It truly was a special weekend - I even managed to fit in a little shopping.
 The fashion show, we had such a great time!
These awesome angels helped me clean up after our Wool Bead Earrings "party", they're wearing their creations!
Our phenomenal Nuno-felted Scarf class, these gals worked hard and made some beautiful scarves!

 Beautiful art pieces created by marbling on wool!



Our cruise ship, here we go!
 Leaving Boston behind in the sunset, what a beautiful, peaceful view.
My awesome roommate Jean, we had such a good time!

No comments: