Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tranqwool Scarf Class




Today's nuno-felted scarf class at Tranqwool Knitting Provisions in Salsibury was so much fun! We kept the group small and cozy so we could felt inside the shop, nice and cool and some great music to (rock 'n) roll to. The gals were all friends and had experience in felting, and what a wonderful, easygoing class we had. They each put their own unique spin on their scarf with colors, layout and fibers, rolled their silk, wool 'n fiber noodle "sandwich" like experts - and nobody complained, not even once! I do think it helped to have a gourmet lunch prepared by "Chef Brian", Jenny's hubby, who surprised us with bacon-wrapped shrimp and pineapple roll-ups, ham 'n cheese sliders, a delicious vanilla-mint iced tea (and no, it wasn't from a box!), and a home-made Key Lime pie to die for! OK, so I totally broke my diet for one meal, but it was worth it, and I only ate one slice of pie, not 2 even though we had permission to eat 2...^_^




At any rate, I was glad we were inside when the storm rolled in, lotsa noise and even a welcoming rain. Didn't slow these girls down in the least, and their scarves just felted up beautifully, lots of gorgeous texture on the back, ruffles both wide and narrow, texture and sparkle...I'd love to see them when they dry! Here's a look at the scarves and also the awesome food...and I hear Chef Brian will be back again for August's Nuno-felted Scarf Class, I can't wait! Jenny's shop is pretty eye-catching too, with tons of great yarns and samples to inspire.

No comments: