Monday, July 19, 2010

Feather for her Bonnet







Sometimes finding just the right embellishment for a project can be as simple as looking in our own back yard. OK, so none of these feathers were actually in my yard per se, but my son did find this beautiful hawk(?) feather on one of our nature walks through a local park, and wouldn't it look grand adorning my "Sun 'n Fun Hat"? I think it would add just the right touch...although I still love this flowing black plume I found for one of my first samples I made up from a thrift store beaded velvet dress for a group challenge! Can't say I enjoyed sewing this fabric, though, and it was a stretch velvet knit too, making it even more difficult. Still I love the end result...but I have since made 4 hats from this pattern out of Woolfelt, just as attractive and much easier to sew!

No comments: