Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Houston Quilt Market: Day 1

What a busy schedule I had in Houston this year! After designing several patterns using Andover's new "Little House on the Prairie" line of fabrics, I was thrilled to be invited to participate in their opening schoolhouse Friday launching their new line. There were so many people there! And lots of new designs using their fabrics, especially quilts, they lined 3 walls of the auditorium. I was so honored to have some of my new pattern models on display there too: my Magic Apron, Prairie Pouch, Easter Egg Placemats, and Anna the prairie doll were there showcasing this beautiful nostalgic line of fabrics. Here are a few pictures from schoolhouse, I was still setting up my booth that day but was able to sneak away for a couple of hours to attend this fun event - and meet Nellie and Ms. Beadle from the original TV show!
 Nellie was a hoot, and so nice too!
 Still working on my booth at Market, but I stole a couple of hours to go to schoolhouse.
 My Anna doll and Prairie Pouch on display at Andover's schoolhouse.
 Just getting started, there were a ton of people there for the opening schoolhouse!
My Easter Egg Placemats on display at schoolhouse with the Prairie Flowers line of fabrics. Barbara B. made this set along with others that will go to the shops in trunk shows after Christmas.

No comments: