Friday, November 6, 2015

Festival, Day 2: Felted Lattice Scarf Class

The second day of teaching at International Quilt Festival in Houston had me busy as a bee teaching my Felted Lattice Scarf class to a large group of students, many of which had never felted before. But I love teaching felting, truly this is my passion, I love sharing my knowledge and experience and watching them take off down their own personal creative path. Large classes are special, as everyone can learn from each other's individual style. And this class was no exception, we had an awesome mix-up of students, they loved selecting their own "goodies" from my "embellishment buffet" of yarns, Angelina. curly mohair locks, bamboo and silk to go with their hand-dyed wool fibers. Here are a few photos of some of the scarves, so proud of each and every one of them!
 This talented spinner chose a wonderfully sun-shiny color palette of fibers and found the perfect yarns, bamboo and goodies to really step it up!
A wonderful colorway of roses and pinks formed the base of this beautiful piece.
 This happy gal created her work of art with lavenders and blues, stunning colors for her!
 This lovely piece was created as a gift for a very lucky recipient, beautiful!
 Love the teals and greens in this gorgeous work of art, nice long fringes.
 I adore the colors and layout this gal used to make this one for a fall table runner!
 A beautiful airy scarf in colors that matched her jacket (see it on the left?) perfectly!
 Beautiful golden hues in this extra-long scarf, will be perfect for this tall lady!
 Love these colors of greens and blues, and she used the perfect curly fiber accents!
 A lovely scarf in colors of Monet, looks great on this gal!
 This student created an elegant simple scarf in beautiful shades of sky blue.
 The gentleman who created this beautiful piece chose my fave shades of green, love it!
 This lady chose the perfect color palette to go with her hair for this gorgeous piece.
 Loved the eclectic mix of colors and fibers this creative lady used in her work of art!
 This experienced felter created a beautiful Christmas table runner, notice how she took the time to tuck under her fringed edges for a very clean, elegant, symmetrical look.
Loved the fun colors and goodies used by my "teacher's pet"/helper in her scarf. It was amazing she did this in addition to all the help she gave me in passing out all our tools, getting water, and clean-up - what an angel! And a fun, wonderful class too, I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I think they all did.

No comments: