Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Houston Pincushion Classes

I also taught a couple of pincushion classes at Houston Quilt Festival. Friday night was our "Daddy's Necktie Pincushion" class, and we made pincushions out of silk neckties. I took a ton of neckties for them to choose from, there was just enough really, with just a few to spare.The pincushion takes 6 necktie "ends", so they could swap around with each other if they chose. I also took some fun buttons and beads for decorative pins, gotta have some fun with embellishments! Their pincushions really turned out pretty, I know they'll enjoy them for years to come.


Sunday was my last class before heading out to visit my daughter in Texas! It was small and cozy, and  I even knew a couple of my students. They created the prettiest little Crazy Patch Pincushions, so proud of all of them!



No comments: