Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Durham Quilt Show







This was my first year at the Durham Quilt Show, what a wonderful venue this guild had for their awesome show! The Tobacco Warehouse was a massive historic building with beautiful wood floors and layout, the perfect setting for a quilt show. Most of the vendors were upstairs, and we could look out over the quilt show floor through an opening in the center. The quilts were wonderful, a nice variety of styles and so much talent on display there. I was able to take a few pictures of some of my favorites, and I especially liked the wool penny table runner one of the guild members had made with beautiful stitchery. I also enjoyed the company of having a wonderful roommate Dawn, as well as having a booth between my friends Madeline and Judy, and we all went out for some authentic Cuban food across the street one night, yummy! Here are a few of my favorite quilts.

No comments: