Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cabarrus Quilt Show

I sure enjoyed seeing everyone at the Cabarrus Quilt Show this year, it was a fun show and I got to visit with so many friends there! I did the show by myself, and didn't get a chance to take many pictures, but I was really struck by this wooly "Pennies from Heaven" quilt that won 2 ribbons. Imagine my surprise when upon taking a closer look, it was created by my friend Martha and her girlfriend from a Woolfelt kit I'd put together for them! Congratulations on your ribbons girls, you did a wonderful job on this piece. There were lots of other fine quilts there too, wish I could've captured more on film. It was also great to see my friend Michelle and her awesome collection of Dusty's Vintage Buttons and textiles, her '40's hankies provided the perfect punch for my new apron pattern pocket. I also found some great fabrics for my mom in her friend Jan's area of the booth, I know my mom's gonna love 'em!

No comments: