Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quilting in the Pines Show







What a beautiful show the Sandhills Quilter's Guild put on this weekend! I was in awe of the Fair Barn, such a unique and charming venue, it was the perfect backdrop for my folksy patterns 'n wool. And the quilts! Absolutely gorgeous, there was a wonderful mix of applique, pieced, whimsical, and artsy, and the quality of workmanship was outstanding. I was so blessed to win a ribbon for my "Desert Rose" ensemble, and had the good fortune to have it displayed on the cutest vintage straw mannequin. I also had the opportunity to visit with old friends as well as make some new ones; the girls in the guild were not only talented, but super-nice, too! Here are some photos of a few of my favorit quilts and my wearable art in the historic Fair Barn.

No comments: