Tuesday, September 21, 2010

PA National Quilt Extravaganza








Just rolled in last night from an awesome quilt show in Philadelphia, what a great time we had! The quilts were absolutely spectacular, I'm posting some photos of just a few of my favorites, we were so busy I didn't get to leave my booth much, but I managed to zip around a little bit Sunday morning and take a few pictures. The quilt with the angel in the Garden of Eden really caught my eye, the angel was just gorgeous, it looked like rust-painted satin or something. And the vendors! So many temptations, good for my pocketbook that we were so busy ^_^. I did manage to find some perfect gifts for family and friends, and snag a few goodies for myself too.

Another highlight for me was my Needle-felt Saint Nick class, we had such a great time! The gals in the class were so much fun, and they made the cutest Santas, each one had his own personality with soft-sculpture face, curly mohair beard and needle-felted "faux fur" trim. I'm posting a few pics of these clever folks as well. A huge thank you to my friend Pat for going with me, she was a lifesaver and a good companion, too. We met some super-nice folks in PA and were quite inspired by all the talent and creativity we saw. All in all, a great show!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Vicki-Just saw the pics from the PA Quilt show. Thanks for being such a great instructor. I had so much fun in the Santa class. I have already made five more to give to my family. I hope you plan on coming back next year because I will definitely sign up for your classes. Donna

Vickie said...

Thanks so much, Donna, you gals were a great class! You all made such adorable Santas, wow I can't believe you made 5 more, that's awesome! I know your family will love them. Hope to see you next year.