Friday, September 1, 2017

Silk Scarf Dyeing at Sawtooth!

We've had some incredible art coming out of our recent silk scarf-dyeing classes at Sawtooth School of Visual Art lately, and I am so very proud of all my students! They continue to raise the bar of stretching their artistic talents in experimenting with color and pattern, and we have such a good time too. Here are just a few of the beautiful scarves that have been created in the last few weeks, enjoy!

 Beautiful scarves drying gently in the breeze.
 My youngest student in this class named this the "scarf ball", I like it!
 I love the pretty pastels in this young girl's scarf!
 Above and below, the stunning results from the "scarf ball"!

Beautiful oceanic blues and greens, and her patterns resembled jellyfish!
 Gorgeous one-color dyeing with beautiful patterns!
 This one was just incredible! And used up lots of bits and bobs of dyes.


 Love these cool hues of soft teal, lavender and rose.
 Gorgeous one-colored richly colored scarves.
 Above and below, a husband's stunning creation, celebrating anniversary with his wife!

 This work of art reminded me of a an eco-dyed dragon face!
 Beautiful soft blues like a cool indigo.
 Gorgeous pumpkin shades for fall.
According to the artist, channeling the Grateful Dead!
This lovely lady was going for soft autumn pastels, I think she achieved it beautifully!

No comments: