Monday, March 9, 2015

Nuno at The Fibre Studio in Winter

Way back when we scheduled a nuno-felted scarf class at The Fibre Studio in Charlotte...who knew then that we'd be having all this snow and ice? We didn't really know until the day before the class if we were going to be able to go or not, they were still calling for snow that afternoon! And we did have lots of big white fluffy flakes...for about 10 minutes, and then thankfully, it cleared up.

So our class scheduled for the next morning was a go, and I think we were all excited, some of us had been cooped up with all the ice on the roads for a few days, plus this was a group of friends so I think they were all looking forward to spending time together and learning something new. But things were not to be smooth sailing yet! I ran into a traffic jam as soon as I hit Charlotte, and a couple of the girls called me on my cell phone wondering what was going on, the police were blocking up the exit ramps, and there were no cars on the northbound side of the interstate; sure enough I glanced over, and oddly enough, no traffic over there at all! Well to make a long story short, guess who was lunching in Charlotte that day? Joe Biden, who knew? I quickly called the shop and Debbie guided me through a back way/short cut, and it wasn't long before we were all there safe and sound, ready to have some fun.

And what fun we had! I really enjoyed spending my day with this group of friends, all extremely talented and artistic. And the scarves they made were just gorgeous! Each unique in their design and color choices, these gals really did a great job. Here's some photos of the finished scarves, enjoy!
 This mother-daughter team chose colors a bit similar with very different effects, love them!
 Very unique, I'd never had anyone do a tone-on-tone scarf before, especially black, stunning! Rather Victorian in feel, and a nice symmetrical layout.
 This was a beautiful artistic scarf with a very contemporary feel and lots of yummy textures!
  Loved the pops of blue on this vibrant red and purple scarf, and her wool nepps were just the right touch.
 Absolutely exquisite, we all loved this beautiful scarf in teals and purples.
This great scarf was full of fun and happy colors, lots of texture!     I can't wait to see what the next class does, we're going to let them try dyeing their own scarves with some instant-set dye and then felting them, lots of fun ahead at The Fibre Studio in May!                                        

No comments: