Saturday, March 14, 2015

My first YouTube video!

I'm so excited, just uploaded my first YouTube video today, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raGIMEK6d2E  The video shows how to machine-stitch the spiral fabric flower we use to embellish one of the hats in my #190 "Downstairs Fascinator" pattern. The pattern gives directions, too, but there's nothing like a visual to really see how it's done. This is a great flower to use on not only hats but purses, wall hangings, or just to wear as a pin. Lots of different fabric types can be used to create different looks: cottons, batiks, bamboo felt, silk dupioni, linen, the sky's the limit! As we're celebrating our 25-year anniversary this year of our company Annie's Keepsakes, I thought it would be the perfect time to do this how-to video to go along with our Fascinator Contest which goes on all year (first place is 25 items from our company! See our web-site for more info, we have a special page dedicated to the contest.) So be sure to check out our vid, a special thanks to Patty who filmed it and also my son Nick who edited. Here's a few pics of what you can do with these easy fun flowers.



No comments: