Thursday, June 27, 2013

Gastonia Flower Class

I met this lovely group of creative souls about a year ago when I did a program for the Gastonia Quilter's Guild, and was fortunate enough to go back recently and teach a "Wild Wooly Flower" workshop with them in Gastonia. I was so impressed with them, as many had never felted before, and they just picked right up on what to do. Their flowers turned out gorgeous, each one different and beautiful on its own. Some of them were big luscious works of art, which I always love. And we had a couple that were small dainty creations, inspiring me to come home and see how "small" I could go with my own felted posies! We even had 2 men in the class with their wives, and they did such a great job. I really enjoyed teaching and also visiting with these wonderful, friendly folks; here are some photos of their beautiful work.




No comments: