Thursday, June 27, 2013

Charlotte Needle-felt Purse Class

Not long ago I had the good fortune to share my skills with a small group in Charlotte with my Needle-felt Sweater Purse class. I brought a small collection of sweaters for them to choose from; I'd already felted these 100% wool sweaters by washing in hot water, rinsing in cold water, and throwing in the dryer, I did this twice to really felt them for the extra body. Then I set up my "embellishment buffet" in their wonderful classroom. I brought lots of hand-dyed goodies: merino fibers, curly locks, corriedale fibers, silk velvet. And there were other textiles to add interest, tapestries and jacquards to cut leaves from, textured yarns, and of course metallic mesh and Angelina fibers to add the bling. The girls each chose a sweater and their own embellishments and went to town needle-felting. Although each used my pattern as a guide, they all put their own spin on it, and each purse turned out its own unique work of art! A good time was had by all, and they almost finished their purses too, here's a few photos from the class. (Lol I know one is upside-down, can't figure out how to fix it with Windows 8, sorry!)



No comments: