Saturday, June 11, 2011

NC Quilt Symposium, the Quilts!









NC Quilt Symposium in Raleigh this year was a feast for the eyes! Great vendors, beautiful quilts and wearables, and it was wonderful to re-connect with old friends I hadn't seen in a while. We were so busy I didn't get to even see all the quilts, but here are a few of the winners and some of my favorites from the show. The Capitol Quilters' Guild hosted symposium this year, and had so many special treats for us! One of these was the Apron Challenge, where all were invited to make and donate an apron to be auctioned off to raise $ for a local food charity. They were all adorable, one of my customers made one from my #168 "Cook 'n Craft Apron for Mommy & Me" pattern, it's the 3rd one from the lower right side of the aprons photo in the cute doggie fabric with striped pockets, love it! All in all, the show was so inspiring and the classes sounded great too.

No comments: