Sunday, February 21, 2010

Have a Heart

Recently I vended a quilt show in Statesville, and as they were forecasting snow later that day and the weekend, everybody ended up coming early Friday, it was like one big quilting party! I saw so many wonderful folks I knew and met some new creative souls too, it was just a fun, very busy show. One very clever quilter from Kernersville, Glenna, bought a pattern and kit for my "Queen of Hearts" Pincushion at the show, and mailed me a picture just a few days later of her finished project! I believe she made it to celebrate her anniversary, at any rate I couldn't help but notice the "love puppy" figurines behind it. She's accented her heart with some great vintage buttons and needle packs in the front pocket, a decorative scissors pin "crown", and of course her "queen" sits atop her rusty throne! Thanks so much for sharing, Glenna, you can check out Glenna's heart in the photo below left.

No comments: