Tuesday, June 16, 2009

NC Quilt Symposium '09

I barely had time to fill orders and catch my breath before it was time for NC Quilt Symposium 2009 in Raleigh! What a wonderful show it was, gorgeous quilts, great vendors, inspiring classes and teachers, and busy, busy, busy! I had never vended a show in the Triangle area, and I met some fantastic folks there, as well as seeing lots of friends I knew. One of the highlights for me was meeting Rachel Clark, she is just as funny in person as you would expect! And what a talent she is; she was judge and host of our Wearable Arts Fashion Show at symposium that Friday night, and I was so shocked when my "Tribute to Hiroshige" jacket won Best of Show out of 26 awesome entries! What an honor, it really was very humbling. (See photo of my jacket with Rachel and the 1st-place winner of the jacket category at left.) Then we had a treat: entrants got to model Rachel's wonderful trunk show of jackets, coats and capes, and what a feast for the eyes! Her eye for color and design is truly amazing, and the attention to detail on each garment was so special with unique buttons and embellishments on each and every piece. The final garment in her show was her most recent entry in the Bernina Fashion Show, a breathtaking blue floor-length cape that was a real show-stopper! What an inspiration you are to us all, Rachel!

No comments: