Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Art on Easy Street" festival

Today was such a scorcher! Still that didn't stop many folks (including me) from visiting the art festival on Easy Street in Salisbury, this show just gets bigger and better every year with 102 vendors this year, wow! A special treat for me today was visiting the Looking Glass Art Collective down on Lee Street. I had not visited their shop, and was surprised to see the quality and variety of art for sale there, from funky upcycled clothing, to beautiful jewelry and paintings, hand-made baskets and pottery, there is something for everyone there. I also ran into a couple of old friends, and who knows? I may join this very talented group myself!

As it is now, I currently have my fiber art in 3 galleries/shops; I just sent my newest batch of geode pins to a museum shop in Lincoln, Nebraska yesterday, and I think this was my prettiest group yet! I used some of my own hand-dyed fibers for several of the pins, mostly blues, limes, & greens, and I love the way the colors pop...you can see them at the bottom of this page, just scroll down & enjoy!

No comments: