Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wooly Flower Basket Class

This week I placed my order of hand-dyed Valdani threads for my Wooly Flower Basket Class I'll be teaching at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Feb. 27. I love how their variegated pearl cotton adds just the right vintage touch to my woolfelt basket of hand-dyed flowers! The colors of their thread enhance the dyed flowers and leaves perfectly, and they have so many beautiful hues to choose from. My students are going to love learning these fun hand stitchery techniques using their thread.
 I ordered several colorways of the pearl cotton so my students can have choices, lavenders, vintage rose, orchid, teal. I can't wait to see the spin my students put on this project! I'll be teaching how to make the hand-dyed flowers from heathery shades of Woolfelt and also how to make the sweet little Woolfelt basket. We'll also learn some fun decorative stitchery embellishments. The basket is perfect for holding fresh or silk flowers, folded napkins, scarves, Easter eggs, all sorts of things! I'm so looking forward to teaching this fun class this year.


No comments: