Friday, January 29, 2016

My Fiber Exhibit at The Enrichment Center

I was so honored to be recommended by Sawtooth to participate in a fiber and fused glass art exhibit at The Enrichment Center in Winston-Salem! This is such a wonderful center that offers classes for adults with disabilities, giving them an opportunity to not only learn life and artistic skills, but to earn income with their art as well. The students have created beautiful fused glass and indigo-dyed textiles for the exhibit; my fiber art, quilts and wearable art will also be on display and much of it for sale. Grand opening is tonight, Jan. 29 from 5-7 pm, 1006 S. Marshall St., Winston-Salem, NC. The exhibit will run for 2 months, please visit if you get the chance! Here are a few photos of some of my work, and also the students' indigo work.
 I had so much fun creating this Nuno-felted Scarf, a class I often teach as well.
 Felted soaps with a "built-in loofah", very usable and last a long time, also a Sawtooth class.
 Lots of felted accessories in the jewelry case, representative of several of my classes.
 Some of my wearable art that is on display.
Beautiful indigo-dyed textiles created by Lindsay's students in the art department at the center.

No comments: