Monday, December 7, 2015

Sawtooth Nuno-felted Scarf Class

After an insanely busy schedule in Houston at the quilt shows vending and teaching, I rewarded myself with a relaxing vacation with my daughter for a few days. Before I knew it I was back home and right back in the swing of things teaching a class at Sawtooth the following weekend! Luckily teaching is one of my favorite things to do...I totally immerse myself in the zone of helping my students enjoy their own personal art experience. In my fiber classes I bring lots of different fibers and embellishments for them to try: bamboo, silk, Angelina, curly fibers, yarns, merino wool, and I dye my own silk scarves for the nuno classes in a variety of colors along with basic black. I like to bring photos for inspiration for design and color combinations, and I share special layout tips and techniques throughout the class. The students love creating their own unique works of art with the supplies and tools I bring, and there is nothing like seeing their success at the end of a busy class when it all comes together. This class at Sawtooth was exceptionally artsy (maybe all that extra art energy floating around in the air there?), and their scarves were just spectacular. Here are a few pictures, the scarves are still wet in most of them but they're just beautiful.
 This delightful lady chose the yummiest colors and textures for her scarf!
 This sweet lady had a design in mind when she arrived, keeping her art clean and modern.
 Like a breath of fresh air, this nature-inspired design was like a spring garden!
 And here is a close-up, so pretty.
 Beautiful rich colors, this scarf was wonderfully artsy!
 This scarf reminded me a bit of Monet's colors and was wonderfully sculptural.
 I loved the textures and colors this student assembled, so pretty!
A beautiful scarf, loved how she extended her leaves over the edge!

No comments: