Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Savannah!

When the Mancuso's invited me to teach at the Savannah Quilt Show this year, I was just thrilled! I had never visited Savannah before, even though this Southern belle had stolen away a good friend of mine a few years ago. So I was excited to not only be able to teach at a nice quilt show but to visit my friend as well. I was not disappointed - Savannah is such a beautiful town, set right on the river and so much to do! We stayed at a charming hotel downtown within easy walking distance of River Street, in fact, we had a beautiful view of the river and bridge from our hotel window!

Once we were settled into our room, we called my friend, what a delight it was to see her! She had not changed a bit from her sweet self, and graciously came and picked us up for a little tour of this charming city. What a beautiful place, with lots of historical architecture, big, rambling trees, and hanging moss. We had a great time with our friend, who then took us to her home (formerly known as "The Party House" and had been owned by a prominent political figure!) After showing us her awesome house which had every nook and cranny filled with my friends special creative touches and design work (I'm so jealous!) we had a delicious supper before visiting on her back sunporch overlooking a very picturesque view of the marsh. OK, so now I'm ready to see that movie again, "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." And definitely ready for another visit to this quaint town!




No comments: