Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mid-Atlantic Fascinator Class

Just got back from the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in VA yesterday evening, and oh what a relief it was to get home safely!I love teaching and vending this show and re-connecting with all my creative friends there, but this year a snow/ice storm snuck in a few hours early, making our trip back home a little scary. We just took our time though (especially after seeing about 10 accidents within a mile on the interstate!) and made it home just fine. I'm so glad the storm waited until after the show to arrive! We had some great classes during the show, and I would have hated for anyone to miss them. My first class was "Fascinator Fun", a fitting title, as I think everyone there had a really good time...I know I did! The hat was from my fascinator pattern, and I brought in kits with hand-dyed flowers in all colors: purple, blue, green, red, raspberry, black and white herringbone. I had also brought in a special kit I dyed for a student who had just dyed her hair teal - it was a perfect match! All the hats were just incredible. The girls got to choose their own color for the hat base, the flower, netting, and feathers, and they made the whole thing from start to finish. These gals should really be proud of themselves, here are some pics from the class.











No comments: