Sunday, February 16, 2014

Needle-felt Sweater Purse Class

Well it's only been a bazillion years since my last post, time flies when you're having fun! Going to do my best to catch up a bit as I have lots of new stuff to post and getting ready to begin a very busy spring show season. But I do have lots of fun photos to share of my awesome students' work, here's some pics from a class we had at Tranqwool Knitting Provisions in Spencer last summer, look at the cute things these gals did with their felted wool sweaters! Each student began with a wool sweater and my Needle-felt Sweater Purse pattern, then chose their own embellishments from a table piled with goodies such as hand-dyed merino wool fibers, curly locks, lace, metallic mesh, silk threads, hand-dyed silk velvet and the like. The girls each put their own spin on my basic design, needle-felting their creative visions into the wool to form the front of the purse, to be assembled and finished later. Here are some photos of their beautiful work, I think they all had fun!





The last purple one is my model from the pattern so you can see what the finished one looks like...of course, every purse turns out different, as each sweater is different! I think that's part of what makes it so much fun, no two are ever the same.

No comments: