Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Charlotte Quilt Show

I had such a treat this past weekend - I got to go to a quilt show and not work! The show had filled up last fall before I could get my paperwork in as I was getting ready for Houston, and so I had a break from vending and decided to go and be a "spectator". Wow, I could get used to that! As much as I do love vending the shows and visiting with people, it was nice to actually walk around and shop, see the quilts and special booths like the art doll guild's booth, and visit with folks I ran into.







The show had lots of great demos, and I was so lucky when I first arrived to find Pat Lorenz sharing how to dye her lovely silk scarves. There were several gals there I knew, and I enjoyed Pat's demo and repertoire so much. Then right across the aisle was a nice machine I'd never seen up close - a feltloom! The gal was happy to show me all it's tricks and how it worked, pretty neat...I guess us "woolies" always find each other. The quilts were lovely, the art dolls exquisite, and lots of goodies were available for purchase...all in all, it was a great show, here's a few photos of some things that caught my eye.

No comments: