Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mid-Atlantic Classes

The girls came by for a visit in my booth!
Double-layer Flower Class
Shannon felted a great bunny 'n carrot piece!
Fun underwater scene!
Beautifulo blues 'n purples
...pretty in pink..
These gals made some awesome name-tag holders!
Show 'n tell was a blast this year as usual!


I love sharing my passion for fibers 'n felting, and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to teach 2 felting classes at the recent Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA. I had fantastic students! The first class I taught was a double-layer flower using a resist method, and the gals really made some gorgeous works of art (see the photo at top.) I know they'll all enjoy wearing their new brooches this spring for Easter or Mother's Day!

The second class I taught was the felted name-tag holder, again using a resist method of wet-felting. We had such a nice variety of finished projects in this class, from a pretty pink flower garden, to an underwater scene complete with "Nemo", a gorgeous piece in greens, an eye-catching symphony of purples, an art piece featuring carrots and a beautiful bunny, and a hot concoction complete with a felted sheep! We all had a blast, and I know the gals are enjoying their little bags as name tag holders and mini-purses.

No comments: