Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sanford Show

What a great time we had at the Sanford show! I ran into so many folks I knew, some I hadn't seen in years...including a girl I graduated from high school, still as sweet and beautiful as she was then. And I made lots of new felting friends, so many creative souls yearning to unleash their inner visions through fiber art! I totally understand, being a felting fanatic myself. I love to sew, but there's something so therapeutic about stabbing those fibers into a needle-felted work of art, or coaxing them into a different form with soap, water and a little "elbow grease".

I was also able to coordinate a couple of nuno-felting classes, so many gals want to learn to do this! And I bought some gorgeous silk scarves for my classes from my friend Lorin Fields who does incredible hand-dyeing, I'm so excited about the possibilites of these new colorways! It'll be fun to see how my students express themselves with these new palettes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I was at the Sanford Quilting and Fabric Art Market Place las Friday I blogged about it and it happens that one of the pictures I took is from your booth, in case you want to have it feel free to take it :-) !

here is a direct link:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6zIg8GrWk2Q/S0fajgzy7tI/AAAAAAAACDc/ezlIiB6RrkY/s1600-h/IMG_6508.JPG

here is the post:
http://myfirstbambina.blogspot.com/2010/01/to-marketplace.html

Your booth was one of the prettiest !!!

Vickie said...

Thank you so much for visiting my booth and the sweet comments, hope to see you at the Statesville show!