Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival..the Quilts!



















Can't have a quilt show without the quilts, and this year's show featured some truly amazing work, here are some of my faves. One exhibit I truly loved was very different and was called "Not Your Traditional 9-patch"..can you guess which quilts were in this one? One of my favorites in this area was a quilt of different scenes that included grommets filled with photos representative of the scenes depicted in the little quilt blocks, so clever and unique! Another thing I noticed at the show was the profusion of dimensional work, 3-D flowers and such. We also had a visit from Phyllis, who had made this adoraable owl pincushion from my #165 "What a Hoot Pincushion" pattern. And I have to give a big shout out to Carolyn, she did an amazing job of looking after the booth when I was teaching and we had a great time, couldn't have done it without her. We had such a good time reconnecting with friends there, and as always, a fun time at the Embassy every night.

No comments: