Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Felting at The Fibre Studio

I'm so excited to be teaching my Needle-felt Sweater Purse class at The Fibre Studio in Charlotte this Saturday, March 16! All it takes is a felted wool sweater or bag, I'm bringing lots of goodies for the "embellishment buffet" like these yummy hand-dyed silk velvets, metallic mesh in a rainbow of colors, sparkly Angelina fibers for a bit o' the old bling, hand-dyed merino fibers, yarns, and curly fibers to name a few. We'll poke and embellish to our heart's content, then turn that old wool sweater into a purse worthy of an artiste!




This will be a totally different (but equally fun!) class than the one we had this past Sunday, where we rolled up our sleeves and pulled out the elbow grease and Dawn for our Wild Wooly Flower class! The girls made some gorgeous flowers, each one turned out totally different, no 2 alike. They should be very proud of their unique creations..I know I was proud of my students!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun class and I love the flowers. I have been collecting felt supplies for awhile now, now i need to start practicing.

Debbie

Vickie said...

Debbie, this is one of my most popular classes! Lots of fun felting techniques learned, and a flower is finished during the 3-hr. class...each one is a unique work of art.