Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Fun


Projects from some of my classes I'll be teaching at the Summer Fiber Retreat in Asheville July 15-17!

Detail from one of my quilts embellished with needle-felting and wet-felting

I couldn't resist this morning, the gorgeous day beckoned me to come play outside, and so I gathered up some of my felted projects and spirited them away to the back yard to take a few photos. Here's one I shot of some of the projects I'll be teaching at the Summer Fiber Retreat in Asheville July 15-17 at the Biltmore Square Mall, I can't wait to get back to Asheville again! The Winter Retreat was a blast, even with the snow piled in little hills everywhere and having to navigate the ice, we had so much fun and I made and met so many new friends. I know summer will be even better, the mountains in summer are definitely calling me, and Asheville is such an art mecca in itself! I know I'll come back refreshed and inspired by all the creative energy that will be there. If you'd like to join me, you can get more info at www.friendsandfiberworks.com

Last night I took some of my inspiration/obsession and shared with my quilt guild, I hope they enjoyed it as much as they seemed to, I know I did. My son helped me put together a new PowerPoint presentation, so I was able to show so many details from my work that I hadn't been able to before, what freedom! Here is one of the quilts I took embellished with my Wild Wooly Flowers and needle-felted sunset, so many fun things you can do with felting and fibers!

No comments: