Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Carolina Fiberfest 2011

Lisa and Angie having fun in the Friends & Fiberworks booth!

Aren't they the cutest? Young alpacas, only a few months old, they were just adorable!

These gals all made big beautiful flowers!

Her first felting experience, turned out awesome!

Getting a great layout is key...this one looks right on!

These gals were a barrel of fun and such a help, too!

As usual, things have been such a whirlwind around here, but I haven't forgotten what a great time we all had at the recent Carolina FiberFest in Raleigh a couple of weeks back! I was so fortunate to get to teach a couple of my felting classes there, the gals in my Wild Wooly Flower class were a real hoot and made some absolutely gorgeous flowers! Here's a few pics from the weekend, forgot my camera for the wool beads class which is a shame, they turned out so pretty too and finished their bracelets right there in the class. We all had a great time, even ran into my friends Lisa and Angie from Friends and Fiberworks in Asheville, NC, they had an awesome booth there! And I made some new fiberlicious friends, too, look forward to seeing folks at the Summer fiber Retreat in Asheville July 15-17 at Biltmore Square Mall and also SAFF this fall. Oh, and I couldn't resist these young alpacas, aren't they adorable? I thought they were getting friendly, but their owner said they were getting ready to fight...maybe this is how alpacas come out instead of shaking hands...?

No comments: