Saturday, June 11, 2011

NC Quilt Symposium, the Wearables!






















Once again, the Capital Quilters' Guild in Raleigh hosted a spectacular quilt symposium, and of course one of my favorite parts was the Wearable Art Challenge and Fashion Show. This year was no exception, as Roberta Morgan coordinated a fantastic assortment of wearables by Lyric Kinard, the wearable and accessory entries, and many of Roberta's own spectacular work. I was so blessed to win the top honors in the Accessories category with my "Tangled up in Blue" nuno-felted scarf, this is the perfect size for just a touch of something around your neck or wrapped around your hair as an accent piece. I also entered my "Divine Devore" jacket with hand-felted sea anemone pin. And I had the privilege to even get to model one of Lyric's phenomenal ensembles, the green jacket with circle skirt is hers, shown in the photo with Lyric (in her awesome green shirt!) sharing about her beautiful cutwork skills. Lyric also did a great job narrating/commenting about the show, here are a few pictures a good friend snapped for me, enjoy!

No comments: