Friday, March 19, 2010

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

What a blast we had at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival this year! I was thrilled to see many of my friends there, and also to make some new ones. Someone posted on my Facebook page that there were 10,000 attendees this year, and I believe it - I was finally able to get out of my booth and zip around the show a bit Sunday afternoon (no, I'm not complaining. ^_^) And although I was momentarily disappointed I didn't win a ribbon for my wearable art submission, I quickly recovered when I saw the incredible workmanship of my competitor's entries...truly amazing!! There were all sorts of works of art there, including several evening gowns and nationally-known names, so I felt a bit better then. And the quilts were gorgeous! To see some of the winning entries, you can visit their web-site at http://www.quiltfest.com/gallery.asp

I was thrilled to be able to share my skills in felting in my Wool Beads Class; every class is different, and I have to say, this was one of the most entertaining and also sharing groups I have taught! Everyone's wool beads turned out just beautiful, and we had a fun time too. Saturday night's Show 'n Tell was equally adventurous, and I was so impressed with many of the students' work that was shared. I had the good fortune to meet Connie Hindmarsh at the show (she's the one with the cute bears in the teacher photo at far right), and what a warm and talented person she is! I believe most of her class was on that stage sharing their newly made cuddly friends; I was most honored when Connie purchased some of my "vintage toy" patterns, she's already made up the Bunny on Wheels, you can see her adorable version on her blog at http://hindmarshstudios.com/ Just precious!

All in all a wonderful show, a special thanks to Alby for all her hard work helping me in the booth.

No comments: