Friday, March 19, 2010

Georgia Sewing Expo







I barely had time to catch my breath from Mid-Atlantic before it was time to go to the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Georgia! We made it a "family affair" this time, as my son was on spring break, and he was such a help with setting up the booth and loading. He arranged my "rainbow" of woolfelt squares like a pro, and never complained of hanging samples. What a trooper...we may have to try this again sometime!


This was the first time I'd been to the spring Expo in Georgia, and it was surprizingly different, I loved it! You know I love wearable art, and this particular show was chock full of all sorts of embellishment tools and tricks, gorgeous fabrics, wonderful patterns, and fun new "stuff". My friends Patty and Michelle came down and helped in my booth Friday while I taught my "Peacock Pincushion" class, and they were absolute lifesavers! We had a great class, too, what a creative group of gals we had! Even though everyone had the same basic kit, each student put their own spin on their project and made it their own...even our youngest lady had a ball with the embroidery machine. I'm looking forward to returning this fall to re-visit my friends in Georgia.

No comments: