Friday, July 15, 2016

Spring shows

I didn't sign up for many shows this spring, as I moved to Forsyth County, my hometown, and what a whirlwind it's been! I did go up to Hampton, VA for the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, and was thrilled to win a Judge's Choice ribbon for my "City Lights" ensemble. The focus of course is the scarf, I used the "cracked mud" technique of nuno-felting using a silk chiffon base for the scarf, and wool, silk and Angelina fibers for the colorful accents. I employed a geometric pattern to harmonize with the dress fabric, which reminded me of a night-time cityscape, thus the name. (I'm also a big Charlie Chaplin fan!) Here's a pic of me with my award-winning ensemble, tired but happy.
Another show I participated in but did not travel to was the yearly Spring Quilt Market. Each year Spring Market is held in a different city, alternating from east to west coast and also central America. This year it was in May in Salt Lake City, and I heard it was a wonderful show! I've traveled through Utah and seen a little of the city, it is just beautiful there.

So although I was unable to go, I did send some of my work to be on display. One of the vendors who displayed my work was National Nonwovens, the Woolfelt company I buy my Woolfelt from and also some of my fibers. They are always coming up with beautiful new colors of product, making my job as a designer so much more fun! Here is some of my work on display in their booth at market.
 My "Partridge on a Pear Pincushion" model on top of National Nonwovens new Woolfelt colors at Spring Quilt Market in Salt Lake City, Utah!
 My Gingerbread Placemats & Mug-rugs greeting customers by the fibers in the National Nonwovens booth at Market, Paul setting up the booth.
Lots of Woolfelt projects in my new Crafty Critters book to display at Market!

No comments: