Friday, July 15, 2016

SECU House

I had the privilege of visiting the SECU house a few times in the last couple of months to visit with the friends and families and patients who are undergoing treatment at our local hospital, and what a blessing it was for me. I took my wool fibers in all sorts of colors along with sparkly Angelina fibers to get our bling on and harmonizing ribbon and glass beads, and we had a good ol' time felting wool beads and making jewelry. We had our "felting parties" in the dining area where there were tables to sit and felt and chat, and there were also snacks available. Each table also had a pretty centerpiece with a hand-written sign of encouraging words, it was such a healing and inspirational atmosphere. On the other side of the room, an organization would bring their sweet dogs and sit with folks and visit with their pets. I really meeting the people and teaching them to felt, each person left with a beautiful hand-created wool bead necklace they could wear back to their room or home. I hope I was able to bring a bit of joy into their lives, and they could forget their troubles for a little while.



No comments: