Monday, January 5, 2015

Sawtooth "Deck the Halls" 2014

I was so honored to be invited to participate in the annual "Deck the Halls" Christmas show and sale at the Sawtooth School of Visual Art again this year, and what a great show it was! I am always in awe of the  incredible talent on display there, and this year was no different:
 Played around with lots of yummy colors and textiles for the fascinators this year!
 I love birds, and thought this wool bead and cardinal fascinator would be cute for winter.
I loved this fascinator so much I made one for myself and wore it the day I worked my shift at Sawtooth...the other one sold while I was there!
 Ran into my friend Julie when I went to the open house, looking glam as usual!
handmade jewelry, pottery, dolls, paintings, mixed-media, scarves, and of course my own fascinator hats, felted flowers and scarves, and wool bead earrings. I always like to try new things, and so I experimented with a few new spins on my fascinators and used some silks and tapestries along with edging the flowers with metallic golds for the holidays. I also made some new wool bead earrings in the shape of tomato pincushions just for fun! Here are a few of my things I had there, lots of ideas for my 25-year Anniversary Contest in these fascinators!

No comments: