Sunday, January 4, 2015

Houston Quilt Shows

Well after a whirlwind fall and wonderfully busy holiday season, I'm finally getting around to sharing some photos from Houston Quilt Market and Festival! This year I was fortunate enough to have a booth right in the middle of the show, handy to folks I wanted to touch base with and a corner space too. I even got to demo my twisted fabric flowers from the "Downstairs Fascinator" pattern on a Bernina sewing machine, which was so much fun! I also discovered that these easy flowers not only make up cute in cotton fabrics, but also in bamboo felt and even silk dupioni. I ran into some great old friends and made a few new ones, here are a few pics from the show...couldn't have done it without my good friends Patty and Michelle to help me out too, they were awesome!
 Here's Patty and Michelle sporting their gorgeous "Downton Abbey" attire which Patty made, love!
 Had a great dinner with Deb and Sharon one night, so good catching up with them.
And it was great to see Madeline, had been way too long!
 Having fun modeling whimsical fascinators.
 Jill all decked out for Halloween, love her costume!
 Thrilled to win a Judge's Choice ribbon at the Stitch in Time fashion show luncheon!

This was the sweetest group of ladies from Japan, the young lady at left taught some classes during Festival, and I met them at my Saturday demos. I was headed to see my daughter in Austin right after I saw them, and they were sweet enough to let me have a few of these beautiful silk cocoon blooms to take her.
This was the Christmas ornament I demo'd at Festival, several different versions of my flower, all easy to make!

 Beautiful quilting here.

 Special display of the "Ruby Red" quilts for the Quilts Inc. anniversary.



 Proud maker of this beautiful quilt, as she should be, stunning work!
 Buttons, buttons, whose got the buttons?

Can't forget the wearables, 1st and 2nd place winners!


What a wonderful, memorable show...already looking forward to going back next year!

No comments: