Thursday, June 27, 2013

Original Sewing & Quilt Expo - Raleigh

Last weekend I vended and taught at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Raleigh, what a great show that was! I was lucky enough to share a room with my friend Alby right across the street from the convention center and so I got to visit with her in the evenings, which was really nice. The hotel was so close, I just parked my van after unloading and never had to move it again until the end of the show, we could walk to the show every day and also to a number of good places to eat. Our favorite restaurant was "The Big Easy", offering up authentic Cajun food and a Bananas Foster dessert that was to die for. The show itself was wonderful with lots of great vendors and classes. I taught 2 classes, my "Fascinator Fun" class and my Spiral Leaf Bracelet felting class. I think everyone had a good time, I know I did! I also got to visit with lots of friends and folks I met at last year's expo, and made some great new friends too. Last year I had met a very talented fiber artist from the area, Jude, and she and her sister stopped by my booth and visited on Thursday, wow Jude is doing some incredible fiber art these days! So proud of her and all of my students too, here's some pics from the show.
 Beautiful silk kimono on display.






 Jude and I, a mega-talented fiber artist! Don't you think we could be sisters with our hair?
 Sharon was invaluable helping me Saturday in the booth while I had my class, what a life-saver!
Love this quilted car by the Sanford guild made of UFO blocks..yes, it's a real car.


No comments: