Monday, April 16, 2012

Felted Bag Class at The Fibre Studio

Judy put her own artistic spin on her felted bag, absolutely gorgeous!
Judy busily working her rose garden!
My felted bag and sample for our class
Christy felting away with her beautiful smile, she knows her bag's gonna be awesome!
Christy's beautiful felted bag drying, love these colors!
Debbie hosted our fun class at her shop, The Fibre Studio in Charlotte, here she is felting away on her colorful bag!
It's been a couple of weeks since our Felted Circle Bag Class at The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For in Charlotte, but I'm still thinking happily about what a good time we had! The gals were such a diverse group of talent and a lot of fun, they were true troopers as they chose their own personal color palette for their bag, laid out their fibers and massaged, rubbed and rolled them into submission with a little soap, water and lots of elbow grease! We used (for the first time for me!) pre-felted wool beads for our handles, I usually like to make my wool beads and mix up the colors a little bit. But these came in such pretty hues, and honestly, it would've taken another whole day to felt all these beads! So we took the easy way out and chose wool beads to match the finished bag and then just strung them together, easy-peasy as they say. Here are the girls hard at work, a felted bag drying, my "inspiration bag" as a guide for them, and the awesome pink rose bag by Judy, I'm so proud of my students! And they must be too, they were just great.

No comments: