Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival 2012

Best Embellishment, Full Ensemble
Best of Show by Rami Kim




Roberta Morgan's beautiful ensemble




"Jack", my favorite!
This beauty won Viewer's Choice






Carolyn hard at work, lookin good and always pleasant.
Carolyn all dressed up in her hat and silk jacket, ready for the runway!
Mid-Atlantic Quilt festival in Hampton, VA is always an incredible, inspiring, busy show, and this year was no exception! This was my busiest year ever, between vending, teaching 2 felting classes, and entering a quilt and also a wearable art ensemble which unbelievably took a blue ribbon for Best Embellishment, wow! But I have to admit I enjoyed myself maybe even more this year, I had such a great helper; Carolyn was like a breath of fresh air to be around, never complaining about my late night hours of working, and I never worried about the booth when I was teaching etc. Here are a few photos from the show, I was so busy I didn't get to photograph too many quilts, but here are a few of my faves, the best one being "Jack" of course, well to me at least. Also some pics of the wearable art very fierce competition, Rami Kim of course won Best of Show...again! Go Rami! Enjoy...more pics from my classes to come later...

No comments: