Saturday, January 22, 2011

Special Quilts




We went to see our daughter today for a birthday visit, what a great time we had! Went out for Chinese for lunch, had some tasty salmon and tuna sashimi along with my fave dish Moo Goo Gai Pan. Then a bit of shopping at Trader Joe's, where I found some French Roast decaf coffee I'd been craving and also a small bag of a variety of potatoes like they fixed for breakfast at the Hilton hotel in Houston for the fall shows, yummy! Then on to one of my favorite quilt shops, Thimble Pleasures, my friend Julie was there looking amazing as always with her awesome shop of mouth-watering fabrics! Maxi spotted a crazy log cabin quilt done up by Karen West at the shop, it really was gorgeous (Karen's teaching this class soon too.) Next we went to Yarns etc., found some great fibers for my next felting project. Then to the thrift store next door, I placed a bid on some vintage wooden shoe forms...don't you think I could felt some shoes or boots over them? They were so cute with pointy toes.

We finally made it back to Maxi's so she could open her birthday gifts and we could dig into the chocolate cupcakes. Among her presents was a very special gift from my mom. Mom loves to do hand-embroidery, and for Christmas surprised both me and my sister with a special hand-stitched quilt, I really love mine with all its happy, bright colors! You can see it in the photo above with my mom. My sister's is also gorgeous with beautiful soft vintage colors showcasing the retro-style baskets and flowers. And Mom really surprised Maxi for her birthday with a lap quilt done up in her favorite colors of green and purple, wow it's gorgeous! Don't know how she manages to do it all...she's already started planning her next quilt though, go Mom!

No comments: