Sunday, January 19, 2020

SAFF 2019

The Southeastern Animal Fiber Festival last year was, as always, amazing! There's nothing like gathering together with hundreds of fellow fiber-lovers to energize and inspire us to new heights of creativity, and SAFF did not disappoint last year. I loved shopping the many vendors with their huge array of richly colored fibers and yarns, I'm always able to stock up on hard-to-find class supplies there. And I hope my classes were inspiring to my students too! They felted some gorgeous things, here are a few pictures of some of my students' work.
 This student wanted a neutral toned scarf she could wear with everything, we were able to dye her pre-felt right in the classroom! She seemed quite happy with the outcome.
 The students learned a variety of techniques including both needle-felting and wet-felting in this creative class. You can see in the scarf above the student enhanced her blue flowers with a bit of amethyst needle-felting, it added a nice depth of color to her piece!
 Love these autumn hues!
 This scarf was full of happy colors!
The pink lotus blossoms in this piece were gorgeous!
 This lovely girl had never felted! I love her choice of white for her flowers, so unique!
 This lady's clever cutting of her blue blossoms really enhanced the stained glass look, it was almost like a Tiffany piece!
I love how this scarf turned out, and the student seemed quite happy too!
Our hand-dyed and nuno-felted windowpane scarf class, stunning results!



No comments: