Saturday, September 2, 2017

"Art Tarts" Mask Class

A few weeks ago I had the good fortune to enlist the help of the awesome "Art Tarts" art quilt group on Concord, NC for  a special project - fun accessories for my upcoming fashion show! I had seen images of beautiful Venetian masks, very elaborate creations, and I guess they do a parade every year in Venice complete with costumes and masks celebrating their history. As my upcoming fashion show for the PA National Quilt extravaganza at the Oaks is pretty close to Halloween (Sept. 14), I thought it would be fun to include some whimsical masks in our lineup of accessories. But - I knew I would never have time to make them all, I'm showing 20+ ensembles at this show as well as teaching and vending. I immediately thought of the "Art Tarts" art quilt group. I've known this great group of gals for years, and they are not only nice but super-talented, artistic, and fun! So I contacted them and we did a little "bartering", and they agreed to give me a hand, woo-hoo! Here are the results and I couldn't be more pleased. I hope the audience in PA enjoys seeing these funky creations as much as we had making them!
 Carolyn checking her trim out for size and color, love that green!
 Barbara choosing her embellishments from my "embellishment buffet" of goodies I brought.
 Pat chose the perfect ensemble to coordinate with her artsy mask, lots of color!
 Beautiful! The mask at top is perfect for "City Lights", inspired by 1920's Chaplin movies.
 Gorgeous!
 Love these!
 The beautiful white collection for the prairie aprons, and some gorgeous gold ones.
Some of the fabulous Art Tarts group! (Not all, some had to leave early.) And they have other talents too - here are a few of the beautiful nuno-felted scarves from our class last month, wow! They did an awesome job. Huge thanks to this talented group of gals for all their artsy help!

No comments: