Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Saturday's Nuno-felted Scarf Class, Houston

Yes, Saturday in Houston was Halloween, and there were a lot of folks dressed up and celebrating! That afternoon I taught a class in nuno-felting, one I normally spend 5 hrs. teaching with a lunch break I had to do in 3 hours - and we even dyed our scarves! The only way to do it was to start with a smaller scarf; normally I use 6 ft. long scarves, but for this we used 5 ft. scarves that were not as wide. We all had fun! The students loved the dyeing, and made some spectacular scarves. Here are a few pictures of some of the scarves.


 Beautiful scarves my students dyed, ready to be embellished and felted!
Gorgeous scarves created by my students, love that poppy red on the lime green! And also the gorgeous colors and fibers on the other, so happy and cheerful!

Beautiful festive scarf of many colors, love it!
 Adore this scarf of purples and blues and the embellishments she used.

More finished (but wet) scarves in beautiful rich colors, each one a work of art!

No comments: