Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Shibori unwrapped

Images are starting to trickle in from our silk shibori class a couple of weeks ago, here are just a few of the gorgeous results. Mine is the pastel color palette
 Carolyn's beautiful teal overdyed with purples and fuchsia!
 My pastel hues...maybe I was inspired by shells I collected on our recent beach getaway?

 Rosie's gorgeous rainbow of colors, love these!

a change for me, but these days I am leaning toward softer, more romantic tones as I'm doing more with neutrals for my fall "prairie" line for Houston Quilt Market. (Ok, there will be some color natch, I love happy colors!) Some of us (me!) used wool yarn to wrap our silk with , so we got a two-fer: dyed silk and wool yarn for embellishing to match. I love all the beautiful, rich colors the girls used to overdye with, can't wait to see the works of art they create with these in our next meeting!

No comments: