Thursday, January 10, 2013

Houston Quilts
















Finally getting around to posting more pics of the jaw-dropping quilts I saw in Houston, what a busy holiday season we had! I'm actually glad it's over, ready to start out a new year with a fresh new outlook. But I couldn't close the chapter on 2012 without sharing these pics of these gorgeous pieces, these were some of my favorites from the show. Notice the pretty ruched handles on the basket quilt, I thought this was a very clever technique. And I love the pineapples in this pineapple quilt, so bright and cheerful! The black and white and graytone quilt was so much fun with it's take on old-fashioned characters. And some of the quilts looked like classic paintings by the masters; note the arch art quilt, reminiscent of Monet, and the more graphic wave quilt brought to mind the vintage woodcuts by Japanese artist Hiroshige. So much inspiration, it was hard to take it all in!

No comments: