Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sawtooth Faculty Exhibit

I was thrilled and honored to be invited to teach at the Sawtooth School for Visual Art this summer, I'll be teaching a felting class making a fun little Strappy Shoulder Bag in July. The gallery is also having an exhibit of the teachers' work, and we were asked to bring in up to 3 pieces representing what we'll be teaching. So of course I had to do a couple of new felted items; I knew the attendees would enjoy the Flower Fairy Bed & Quilt, especially the kids. I also nuno-felted a new silk and wool scarf, it came out looking like the solar system...should've named this one "Transit of Venus"! Doesn't it look like it's flying through the universe? And then I felted a flower, should've named that one "Wicked" lol! I do love the colors though, always enjoy happy, bright cheerful colors and of course I love the greens!

No comments: