Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Retreat in Asheville

My roomie Suzanne and I on our way to Bellagio in Biltmore Village, 2 tired but happy campers.
Awesomely beautiful posies from my Wild Wooly Flowers class!
These sisters were so much fun to have in class!


Love this ring 'n earring set, she did a fantastic job...and they matched her wild wooly flower too!
The gals in my Nuno-felted Scarf Class worked hard and it really paid off, beautiful scarves, each one a work of art!



These Needle-felt Cloaks were well on their way to beautiful wearable artworks, can't wait to see the finished products!




Above: having dinner with Suzanne 'n friends my last evening in Asheville, see ya this fall! (Below:) Taking a little break with Anne Marie of Smoky Mountain Fibers on my way to my fave java spot in the mall.
We had such a good time at Summer Retreat in Asheville! It was so good to see familiar faces from Winter Retreat, and also made some new friends too. I had the privilege of rooming with Suzanne M. again, a fellow felter, always enjoy the little bit of time we get to spend together. As usual, the weekend went by much too fast! I look forward to seeing everyone again at Winter Retreat in January, in the meantime, here's a few photos from our felting fun in Asheville!

2 comments:

Ginny Huber said...

Everyone looks so happy, Vicki! The students and the teachers! FUn and great work!

Vickie said...

Thanks Ginny, we really had a great time! And the students made some awesome creations, so proud of them.